INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- India recorded 12,881 fresh cases of COVID-19 and 101 more deaths in the last 24 hours, according to the Union Health Ministry. With the new numbers, India’s tally of COVID-19 cases climbed to 1,09,50,201 while the death count increased to 1,56,014.
- Total number of healthcare workers and frontline workers vaccinated against coronavirus across India is now close to 92 lakh, according to Union Health Ministry.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi praised the performance of India’s information technology (IT) industry during COVID-19 pandemic and said, “When the chips were down, your [industry] core kept things running.”
- Doctors at a government medical college in Kerala removed a tiny whistle from the respiratory system of a 40-year-old woman who had accidentally swallowed it 25 years ago.
- Three teenaged Dalit cousin sisters were found unconscious with some white substance coming out of their mouths in a field in Uttar Pradesh’s Unnao, police said.
- 678 private unaided Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) schools, 92 schools will get ₹308 crore fund, Education Committee said.
- Tamilisai Soundararajan, who currently holds the position of Governor of Telangana, has been sworn in as the Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry till a new L-G is appointed.
TO READ MORE PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW