INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- India has reported 10,584 new COVID-19 cases and 78 fatalities in the last 24 hours, as per the Union Health Ministry. With this, the total cases rose to 1,10,16,434, while the death toll reached 1,56,463.
- The petrol and diesel prices in the national capital hit a record high after the price of petrol was increased by 25 paise and diesel price was increased by 35 paise.
- At least six people were killed and one injured when the gelatin sticks they were trying to dispose of exploded accidentally at a stone quarry site in a village in Karnataka’s Chikkaballapur in the wee hours.
- Police has booked former MP Dhananjay Mahadik and two others for alleged violation of COVID-19 norms at the marriage function of his son in Pune on February 21.
- Delhi Police said it has arrested city resident Jaspreet Singh, who was seen atop one of Red Fort’s minarets amid violence on January 26 this year.
- Delhi government announced that it will launch the Deshbhakti Curriculum in its government schools in the 2021-2022 academic session.
- There are more than 7,000 coronavirus mutations in India of which some could pose a serious risk, said Rakesh Mishra, Director of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research – Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology.
- Four people, including three children, were killed and 12 others injured after the tractor-trolley in which they were travelling was hit by a pick-up van in UP’s Kanpur.
- Advocate Akhil Sibal, who is representing climate activist Disha Ravi, said he’s fighting the case before Delhi High Court on a “pro bono basis” and isn’t charging any fees.
- Shiv Sena leader and former Mayor of the Thane Municipal Corporation Anant Tare passed away at the age of 67 .
TO READ MORE PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW