Three of family get severe burns as major fire breaks out in their shop in Thane

Thane, May 12 : Three members of a family received severe burn wounds in a major fire that broke out in their laundry shop on Thursday. The incident occurred this afternoon at around 1440 hours, when a member of the family was cooking food in the shop at Agasan of Diva and the stove suddenly flared up and the flame spread around and engulfed a petrol can kept in the room by the side of the stove, civic sources said. As a result of which, there was a major fire in their shop-cum-residence. Immediately upon getting the message, the local firemen rushed to the scene, admitted the injured persons to hospital and put out the fire. The three with serious burns were initially admitted to a hospital at Thane but later shifted to Sion Hospital in Mumbai, sources added. The injured were identified as Hiraman Kanojia (55), Puran Kanijia (40) and Ajay Kanojia (24)


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here