INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh has asked Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal to keep out of Punjab and focus on the COVID-19 situation in the national capital.
- Bars will be allowed to reopen in non-containment zones in Delhi from September 9 to September 30 on trial basis. Issuing guidelines, the Delhi government said that not more than 50% of the approved seating capacity will be allowed inside the bar.
- Deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia has written to Union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman, urging her to consider that the Centre borrow money and compensate states to meet Goods and Services Tax (GST) revenue shortfall, instead of asking states to do so.
- Sixty-five employees of Amrik Sukhdev dhaba in Haryana’s Murthal have tested positive for COVID-19, along with 10 employees of an adjoining eatery.
- The RTA, police and ADC are unable to take action even after wishing for overloaded vehicles, as the vehicle drivers are already alerted for their every move. Those who gave information to the drivers named the RTA team as ‘Gajaban’, ADC as ‘Babbar Sher’ and the Highway Police checking team named ‘Sapna’.
To read more click the link below