INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- India has reported 3,79,257 COVID-19 cases and 3,645 deaths in the last 24 hours, breaking all previous records for the highest single-day rise in the number of daily cases and deaths in the country.
- The US Department of State – Bureau of Consular Affairs has said that access to medical care is severely limited in India due to the surge in COVID-19 cases.
- The US is delivering supplies worth over $100 million in the coming days to India to provide urgent relief as the country battles a new wave of COVID-19 cases, said the White House.
- Taiwan aims to send 150 oxygen concentrators to India this weekend to help in its fight against coronavirus, Foreign Minister Joseph Wu said on Thursday.
- More than 1.32 crore people registered for COVID-19 vaccination on Wednesday as the government’s portal, Co-WIN, opened for registration for all citizens above 18 years of age.
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Thursday tweeted that he has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Madhya Pradesh government has extended the ‘corona curfew’ in the state till May 7 to break the chain of COVID-19 transmission.
- 17,207 people tested positive for coronavirus and 77 died due to the virus in West Bengal in the last 24 hours in the biggest one-day jump for both the cases and deaths in the state.
TO READ PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW