INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- 3,86,452 coronavirus cases were confirmed in India in last 24 hours, marking the world’s biggest one-day jump so far and taking the total number of cases to 1,87,62,976.
- Over 2.28 crore registrations took place on CoWIn portal in two days till 9:30 pm for the phase-three vaccination drive, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare said.
- Delhi Police officers helped cremate the parents of a man, all three of whom were in quarantine, in Burari.
- Traders’ body, Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) on Thursday urged Delhi Lieutenant Governor (L-G) Anil Baijal and Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to extend the lockdown till May 15.
- Maharashtra may witness third wave of COVID-19 in July-August, state Health Minister Rajesh Tope has said. “Maharashtra is trying to be self-sufficient in terms of availability of medical oxygen by then.
- Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday evening said that the vaccination drive for 18+ category wouldn’t start on May 1 in the state.
- Ex-Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh moved the Bombay HC challenging the two preliminary enquiries initiated against him by the Maharashtra government.
- COVID-19 vaccination for the age group of 18-45 will not begin from May 1 in Bengaluru and rest of Karnataka as earlier announced, Health Minister Dr Sudhakar has confirmed.
- While reporting 41% higher net profit for the March quarter of the financial year 2020-21, Hindustan Unilever (HUL) said its health, hygiene and nutrition business grew in double-digits for the third consecutive quarter.
TO READ MORE PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW