INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- India has become the first country to report more than four lakh coronavirus cases in a day as 4,01,993 people tested positive for the virus in the last 24 hours.
- Indian Navy has launched Operation Samudra Setu-II to aid in procuring oxygen amid rising COVID-19 cases in India.
- The government has ordered 4.5 lakh vials of Remdesivir, an antiviral drug used to treat COVID-19 patients, from US-based Gilead Sciences and Egypt-based Eva Pharma to ease its shortage in India.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping offered to help India fight against the coronavirus pandemic, state media reported on Friday. Xi also expressed his sympathies to the Indian government and people.
- The US will restrict travel from India from Tuesday (May 4) in view of the spike in cases of COVID-19, the White House said.
- Supreme Court has asked the Centre to respond to a petition challenging the constitutional validity of Section 124-A of the Indian Penal Code, the “sedition law”.
- Jammu and Kashmir Police arrested a rape accused from Srinagar city, 33 years after he allegedly committed the crime in 1988.
- Indian Railways announced on Friday that it’s waiving off charges for coronavirus testing and diet supplied during coronavirus-related hospitalisations of non-Railways patients.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has announced ₹4 lakh each for families of people who died in hospital fire in Bharuch.
- The lockdown, which was imposed in Rajasthan from April 19 to May 3, has been extended till May 17.
- TV actor and COO of Elder Pharmaceuticals Anuj Saxena was arrested by the Mumbai Police’s Economic Offences Wing (EOW) .
- At least 18 coronavirus patients died after a fire broke out at the Welfare Hospital in Gujarat’s Bharuch at 1 am on Saturday.
TO READ MORE PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW