INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- India has reported a dip in new COVID-19 cases with 3,68,147 cases and 3,417 deaths in the last 24 hours. With this, the total number of cases has reached 1,99,25,604, while the death toll has surged to 2,18,959.
- India on Sunday received 1,25,000 vials of antiviral drug Remdesivir in the fourth COVID-19 relief shipment from the US.
- Supreme Court has questioned Centre over differential pricing of COVID-19 vaccines for Centre and states. “The manner in which the current policy has been framed would prima facie result in a detriment to the right to public health,” the court said.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday reviewed the progress of the government’s move to explore the feasibility of conversion of existing nitrogen plants to produce oxygen.
- Lieutenant Governor (LG) of Delhi Anil Baijal has asked concerned departments and agencies to submit an action plan with regard to availability of hospital beds, medicines and medical oxygen
- Several hospitals in Delhi including Madhukar Rainbow Children’s Hospital, Sitaram Bhartia Hospital, Vimhans and Jaipur Golden Hospital sent out SOS calls to authorities on Sunday to replenish their low oxygen stock.
- CII has said a nationwide maximal response measure at highest level is needed to cut the transmission links amid COVID-19 crisis.
- The leaders of 13 Opposition parties including Sonia Gandhi, HD Deve Gowda, Sharad Pawar and Mamata Banerjee have penned a joint statement, asking the Centre to launch a free mass vaccination drive across India in view of the “uncontrollable surge” of COVID-19 cases.
- All India Trinamool Congress has crossed the majority mark of 147 seats by winning at least 180 seats in West Bengal Assembly elections.
TO READ MORE PLEASE CLICK LINK BELOW