INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- 3,780 deaths due to coronavirus were reported in India in the last 24 hours, the biggest one-day jump since the pandemic began.
- The Supreme Court on Wednesday unanimously held that there were no exceptional circumstances justifying the grant of reservation to Marathas in excess of 50% ceiling limit.
- INOX Air Products Private Limited director, Siddharth Jain said that Delhi has got a sufficient quantity of oxygen “assuming the COVID-19 cases remain this way”.
- Petrol and diesel prices have been hiked for the second consecutive day. In Delhi, petrol price has been increased by 19 paise from ₹90.55 per litre to ₹90.74 per litre and diesel price has been raised by 21 paise to ₹81.12 per litre, according to Indian Oil Corporation.
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal on Wednesday said that Oxygen Express from Tatanagar has reached Haryana’s Faridabad.
- Mamata Banerjee today took oath as the Chief Minister of West Bengal for the third straight time at Raj Bhavan in Kolkata.
- A fire broke out on Tuesday night in a nursing home in Delhi’s Vikaspuri which was recently converted into a COVID-19 hospital.
- In its advisory for COVID-19 testing during the second wave, the government said, “RT-PCR test must not be repeated in any individual who has tested positive once either by RAT or RT-PCR.
- Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) received a fresh stock of one lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses on Tuesday night and it will resume vaccination of people above 45 years at BMC’s and government vaccination centres, said BMC.
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das on Wednesday said, “The situation in India has altered drastically. Today India is fighting a ferocious rise in COVID-19 infections and mortalities.
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das on Wednesday announced a term liquidity facility of ₹50,000 crore for access to emergency health security till March 2022.
- A private hospital in Talegaon area in Pune district’s Maval taluka allegedly refused to release the body of a 50-year-old patient, for nearly three days as his family was unable to pay the medical bill, the deceased’s son stated.
TO READ MORE PLEASE CLCICK THE LINK BELOW