INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- PM Narendra Modi-led government told the Supreme Court that the country’s people have given their mandate to it twice and it understands people’s suffering due to COVID-19.
- Rajasthan government has announced a “strict lockdown” from 5:00 am of May 10 till 5:00 am of May 24. No wedding functions will be allowed till May 31 and only court marriages or marriages at home will be allowed with not more than 11 attendees.
- After reports of a more virulent COVID-19 variant being found in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, all persons arriving in Delhi from the states have to undergo mandatory 14-day institutional quarantine.
- A ‘Full Emergency’ was declared for an air ambulance going to Hyderabad from Nagpur with a doctor and a patient onboard, after its landing gear fell off, DG, civil aviation, Arun Kumar said.
- Maharashtra on Thursday reported 62,194 new COVID-19 cases, a jump from the 57,640 cases the state recorded in the previous 24-hour period.
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry has released a statement after US backed a plan proposed by India and South Africa at the World Trade Organization to waive intellectual property protections for coronavirus vaccines.
- The Madras High Court has asked the Centre to take a decision by Friday on the revised allocation of 475 tonnes of medical oxygen to Tamil Nadu.
- Police arrested 46 people for taking out a religious procession in a village in Gujarat’s Gandhinagar district to “eradicate” coronavirus, flouting COVID-19 norms.
- An elephant killed a labourer identified as Rajkumar Tori, near the Bagdapara deer forest in West Bengal’s Murshidabad .
TO READ MORE PLEASE CLICK THE BELOW