INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- India has reported 20,035 new COVID-19 cases and 256 more deaths in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of cases to 1,02,86,709 and the death toll to 1,48,994.
- On the occasion of New Year 2021, President Ram Nath Kovind tweeted, “Let us continue to work together for creating an inclusive society filled with the spirit of love and compassion.”
- Delhi recorded a minimum temperature of 1.1°C on January 1, making it the lowest temperature so far this season.
- South Delhi Municipal Corporation has set up the national capital’s first model COVID-19 vaccination centre at a maternity home in the Srinivaspuri area.
- At 7.1°C, the average minimum temperature in Delhi in December 2020 was the second-lowest in 15 years, according to India Meteorological Department.
- The India Meteorological Department has stated that cold wave to severe cold wave conditions are likely to persist in Delhi until January 2.
- Farmers protesting at Delhi’s Singhu border against Centre’s three farm laws celebrated New Year’s Eve with multiple bonfires. Besides this, the day saw members of ‘Kendri Punjabi Lekhak Sabha’ leading a march to the centre stage with flags in their hands.
TO READ MORE PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW