INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- Stubble burning incidents, which play a significant role in spiking pollution levels in Delhi-NCR, saw a rise of more than 20% this year as compared to last two years, KJ Ramesh, member of Commission for Air Quality Management said .
- The overall air quality in Delhi deteriorated from the ‘moderate’ category on Friday to the ‘poor’ category on Saturday morning, according to data from the Central Pollution Control Board.
- After the protesting farmers were allowed to enter Delhi through Tikri border, the Aam Aadmi Party said that they welcome farmers and stand with them “in this battle”.
- Delhi Transport Minister Kailash Gahlot on Friday said that the Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) has approved procurement of 1,250 low floor, air-conditioned CNG buses that are also BS-VI compliant.
- A show-cause notice was issued to the Central Public Works Department (CPWD) by the Delhi Forest Department .
- BJP has nominated former Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi as its candidate for the Rajya Sabha bypoll in the state.
- The US has announced a reward of up to $5 million (nearly ₹37 crore) for information leading to arrest or conviction of Lashkar-e-Taiba member Sajid Mir for his role in the 26/11 Mumbai attack.
- Officials of Air Intelligence Unit seized 24K gold worth ₹18 lakh from two passengers arriving from Dubai at an airport in Kerala.
To read more please click the link below