INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- India reported less than 20,000 new COVID-19 cases after 201 days as 18,795 people tested positive in the last 24 hours. The country reported 26,030 recoveries and 179 deaths, according to Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- India on Monday successfully test-fired a new version of the Akash Missile- the ‘Akash Prime’- which was able to intercept and destroy an unmanned aerial target mimicking enemy aircraft.
- State-run oil retailers hiked petrol price by 19-25 paise per litre across India on Tuesday as international oil prices surged to three-year highs.
- Haryana government extended the ban on the sale and manufacture of gutkha and pan masala for one year. The state Food and Drugs Administration issued a notification under which, the sale and purchase of tobacco products have been prohibited for a year from September 7, 2021.
- Cyclone Gulab, which turned into a deep depression after crossing the coast of Andhra Pradesh on Sunday, could give rise to another cyclone in the Arabian Sea, India Meteorological Department (IMD) officials said.
- Two trekkers died due to high-altitude sickness in Himachal Pradesh’s Spiti Valley and twelve people have been stranded, officials said.
TO READ MORE PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW