INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- The number of coronavirus cases in India has reached 53,08,014 as 93,337 people tested positive in the last 24 hours, according to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- The Lok Sabha was adjourned several times on Friday following protests from Opposition after Minister of State for Finance Anurag Thakur raised questions over the creation of PMNRF by first PM Jawaharlal Nehru.
- The Delhi Police Special Cell has arrested strategic affairs analyst and freelance journalist Rajeev Sharma under the Official Secrets Act (OSA) for allegedly having defence-related classified papers in his possession.
- Delhi’s Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan Hospital has inaugurated a children-friendly COVID-19 ward with toys, TV and other amenities. Children from the age of 1-14 will be kept in the ward which can hold 40 patients.
- Union Minister for textiles Smriti Irani on Friday said that the All India Handloom Board rarely met and was thus disbanded, adding that it also did not contribute to policy formulation.
To read more click the link below