INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi took to Twitter on Monday to pay tribute to former Assam CM Tarun Gogoi after he passed away due to post-COVID-19 complications.
- The overall air quality in Delhi deteriorated to the ‘very poor’ category on Tuesday morning, according to data from the Central Pollution Control Board.
- The newly-appointed Commission for Air Quality Management on Monday said it will take required steps including formulation of appropriate policies and strategies to control stubble burning on a priority basis.
- Civil society, religious organisations and shopkeepers have decided to observe a self-imposed lockdown in Ladakh’s Leh for one week.
- Lucknow Police have detained a 15-year-old boy from Agra for allegedly sending a threatening message for Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on the WhatsApp number of the 112 emergency service of UP Police.
- Former Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis on Monday said the next swearing-in ceremony will take place at an appropriate hour and not at dawn, adding, “We will form a government after the existing Maharashtra Vikas Aghadi government falls.”
- Jupiter Hospital in Thane has successfully conducted India’s first pediatric living donor small intestinal transplant.
- Yerawada prison department has topped the revenue earnings in the state for 2018-2019 fiscal year with an aggregate earning of ₹5.81 crore, according to the report released by the state prisons department.
- The Uttar Pradesh excise department has arrested 283 people and seized over 18,000 litres of illicit liquor following recent deaths due to consumption of spurious alcohol, an official said on Monday.
To read more please click the link below