INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi discussed many bilateral, regional and global issues with French President Emmanuel Macron on Monday, including improving affordability and accessibility of COVID-19 vaccines, post-COVID-19 economic recovery, among others.
- After Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday claimed that CM Arvind Kejriwal has been placed under house arrest by Delhi Police ever since he visited farmers at the Singhu Border yesterday, Delhi Police denied the claim.
- India has reported 26,567 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of cases to 97,03,770. This is the lowest number of daily cases reported since July.
- Ahead of the Bharat Bandh called by protesting farmers on Tuesday, Krantikari Kisan Union (Punjab) president Dr Darshan Pal stated, “We have to mention with absolute clarity that there will be voluntary closure of shops and businesses and no one will be forced to do so.”
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar said that farmers in his state are “happy” and are being “instigated” to protest by Opposition. “Opposition is firing a gun from their shoulders.
To read more click the link below