INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- India has reported 24,010 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of coronavirus cases in the country to 99,56,557.
- The World Bank Board of Executive Directors has approved four projects in India worth over $800 million that support a range of development initiatives.
- India will have to spend as much as $1.8 billion in the first phase of its coronavirus vaccination programme, even after support under the COVAX vaccine-sharing scheme, the GAVI vaccine alliance estimated.
- The air quality in the national capital continued to be in ‘poor’ category on Thursday as the overall Air Quality Index (AQI) surged to 252
- Farmers’ protest against the three agricultural laws at Delhi borders reached day 22 on Thursday. On Wednesday, the Supreme Court heard petitions seeking directions to authorities to remove the protesters from the national capital’s borders.
- Delhi government gave its sanction to the police to charge 18 people accused in Northeast Delhi riots case, including former JNU student Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam and ex-AAP councillor Tahir Hussain.
- The Pune social welfare department has erected a 1,000-bed capacity hostel at Pune’s Yerawada, at the cost of ₹53 crore. The hostel is located on survey numbers 104 and 105 and the Maharashtra government approved the finance for the project.
TO READ MORE CLICK THE LINK BELOW