INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- India’s total COVID-19 cases near 91 lakh, while the number of people who have recovered from the disease rose to over 85.21 lakh, according to the Union Health Ministry data.
- Amid rise in COVID-19 cases in India, inadequate beds in government hospitals and absence of specific guidelines resulted in private hospitals charging exorbitant fees from patients, a parliamentary panel said.
- PM Narendra Modi on Saturday attended 15th edition of G20 Summit hosted by Saudi Arabia virtually. “At the Summit, I put forward a need to develop a new global index based on talent, technology, transparency and trusteeship towards the planet,” said PM Modi.
- India summoned Pakistan High Commission officials including the Charge d’Affaires on Saturday to raise concerns over J&K’s Nagrota encounter in which four terrorists were killed.
- A 17-year-old boy from Maharashtra’s Nashik has travelled from Srinagar to Kanyakumari on a bicycle in eight days, seven hours and 38 minutes, breaking the record for the fastest bicycle journey across India. Om Mahajan finished the journey of 3,600 km on Saturday afternoon.
- Chennai Police on Saturday arrested a 67-year-old man, identified as Durairaj, for throwing a placard towards Home Minister Amit Shah while he was walking down the road greeting BJP supporters.
To read more please click the link below