INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- India has reported 29,398 new coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of cases to 97,96,769.
- A DCP and an Additional DCP, deployed at Singhu border where farmers are protesting against three farm laws, have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on Thursday said that the government might increase the frequency of JEE (Main). “
- Commenting on a plea challenging 80% reservation for women in the nursing cadre of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi HC stated that reservation for women under Article 15(3) has been long overdue.
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath on Thursday claimed that we are about a month away from COVID-19 vaccine and added that the state has already contained the pandemic.
- Uttar Pradesh Police stopped a Muslim couple’s wedding in Kushinagar on Tuesday and detained them after a phone call claimed that a Muslim man was marrying a Hindu woman after converting her.
- The fifth phase of District Development Council (DDC) polls in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday witnessed a 51.20% voter turnout. A total of 37 constituencies – 20 in Jammu and 17 in Kashmir region went to polls.
To read more click the link below