INDIA STATES TIMES NEWS DESK
- India has reported 29,164 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours. The last time the country reported less than 30,000 cases was in mid-July.
- At least 75 doctors and 250 paramedics, reportedly from the paramilitary forces, are on their way to Delhi from different parts of India, amid a surge in coronavirus cases in the national capital.
- The air quality improved in parts of Delhi on Tuesday morning, with the Air Quality Index (AQI) in several places including Lodhi Road (119), ITO area (176) and Rohini (186) in the ‘moderate’ category.
- Ghaziabad Municipal Corporation officials said that a cleaning drive has been initiated at the banks of Hindon river, ahead of Chhath festival on November 20.
- A delayed ban on firecrackers and non-cooperation from revellers in complying with the curbs during Diwali hindered efforts to stop any further deterioration of air quality in Delhi, top police officials said.
To read more please click the link below